I’ve been waiting to post a vegan pancake recipe until I felt like I truly perfected it.
I can say with confidence that these are the best vegan pancakes I’ve ever had or made.
The recipe is simple: all mixing can be done in a blender.
Let’s dive in to some pancakey goodness:
Video instructions here:
- 1/3 cup (unsweetened) pea protein powder
- 1 medium banana (ideally very ripe)
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 3/4 cups oat flour
- 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine protein powder, banana, apple cider vinegar, soymilk, vanilla extract, canola oil, and maple syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth and the banana has been pureed.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased pan that has been heated up (circles with 3 inch diameters work well).
- Cook at medium heat, flipping so both sides are golden brown.
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven or eat them as you cook. Serve with vegan butter, maple syrup, and your favorite toppings.