Potato chips? In a cookie???
This recipe only requires 5 ingredients (7 with toppings) and about 30 minutes to prepare and bake.
Don’t the potato chip bits look like little flakes of gold?
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Makes about 1 dozen cookies. Double the recipe if you want more.
- 1 stick vegan butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup crushed potato chips (can be crushed in a blender or food processor)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup crushed potato chips mixed with ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips melted with 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream vegan butter and sugar. Add vanilla and mix.
- Fold in potato chips and mix in flour until a stable dough forms.
- Form dough into balls (slightly bigger than 1 TBSP) and coat them with sugar.
- Flatten the balls with the bottom of a drinking glass and sprinkle potato chip flakes (mixed with salt) on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool. Melt chocolate chips and oil in the microwave or with a double boiler.
- Dip cookies in chocolate, sprinkle salty potato chip flakes on top, and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Eat em!!!